Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Power Tuesday

I'm just really excited that we have electricity back after Hurricane Irene. Hurrah! 

Tuesday stuff:

1) As mentioned earlier, there is a Summer Social event at 404 10th Avenue (at 33rd Street). Free entry, and free Satisfaction Vodka cocktails from 7-8p. It looks like a large place, and it might be partially outdoors, which is great with this weather. RSVP to Patsy@404nyc.com.

2) Via My Free Concert, Disco Down at former "health club" Happy Ending (302 Broome St.) from 7p-4a. Apparently you can drink inside a sauna (I hope not still functioning). Mix of music and open bar from 8-9p and 11p-12a. I believe this happens every Tuesday, so no worries if you miss it this time. No RSVP necessary.


3) Thunder & Lightning rescheduled their concert to make way for the hurricane; it's tonight at Cameo (93 N. 6th St., Williamsburg). They go on at 9p, doors are at 8:30p. This is either free or cheap. I discovered Thunder & Lightning by accident, and they were better live than either of the acts I had come to see. I don't know if the rest of the crowd knew them beforehand, but the energy level went noticeably up for their set. Right now the best 'sounds like' I can think of is The Unicorns (now Islands). Another impossible-to-Google band, but their album 'Kangaroo Court' is pay-what-you-wish on Bandcamp.

No comments :

Post a Comment