Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Corduroy Appreciation Club

Fun fact: "corduroy" means "fabric of the king." On 11.11.11 the Club is meeting at the Refectory at the Desmond Tutu Center on 10th Avenue. This will probably be the last Annual 11.11 meeting, and according to Gothamist, the event last year was hilarious. Some highlights from the event: Awards for Exemplary Usage of Corduroy, a keynote address, and the Installation of the Corduroy Messiah, a child who turns 11 on 11.11.11. I'll let the society speak:

 "The Wales are aligning. The date which most closely resembles Corduroy, EVER, 111111 is upon us! Rejoice. Rejoice! Our day has come." 

and:

"two Item Rule is NOT in EFFECT! We are instituting a THREE ITEM RULE! That means, you must wear THREE (3) items of Corduroy."

Tickets are steep at $41.11, but include an open bar and unlimited ridged potato chips. I'm really posting about this event not because I have any intention of going, but because it is so wonderfully specific and I AM SO EXCITED for 11.11.11.

I don't think I even own any corduroy currently. I should fix that. 


No comments :

Post a Comment