Monday, October 17, 2011

Beautiful and Creepy Comics

Outfoxed by Dylan Meconis is a good one. The limited color palate lends itself well to a folkloric feel. You can read the whole thing here.

[via Drawn]

I love it when illustrators put thought into the way their work is going to be consumed on the web. Outfoxed does a good job of using page click-throughs to maintain a sequential feel, and Emily Carroll often makes one scroll down a long page length to build suspense. I think not knowing how many pages there are in an online comic keeps excitement high.

While I'm new to Dylan Meconis, I cannot recommend Emily Carroll enough. Gorgeous illustrations, and since Halloween is coming up, I recommend the chilling His Face All Red. All of her comics are great; when I read them I feel like I'm making sharp turns around corners, unsure of what's going to be on the other side of the wall. 

No comments :

Post a Comment